Monday, January 19, 2015

Drink, Drank, Drunk.



When I graduated from UNR about 10 years ago, I decided I needed an adventure.  My brand new Husband and I packed up a large moving van and headed down to Sin City with some small savings and a lot of faith.

We did have quite an adventure there, but in the end it wasn't for us.  We missed our friends and family in Reno, as well as the culture and...tasty drinks.

You see, in Vegas it's more quantity and not quality.  You can't get a wonderfully crafted cocktail hardly anywhere in that town, and nothing for under $10.00.  I really started to miss "real" drinks.

Since moving back to Reno, my husband (The Neon Beast) and I realized that Nevada has no "official" state drink.  Unless you count Buzzfeed as a source.  Although that "Nevada cocktail" looks yummy, I think as a State we can find something even more amazing.

According to some, Picon Punch is the "unofficial" state drink of Nevada.  I'd be totally fine with that, except then the blog would be over here and now.  I'm not ready to give up just yet.  However, the Picon Punch at 1864 Tavern is both dirt cheap and the best version of the drink I've ever had.

Let the drinking begin!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

You can read about the Las Vegas adventures here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Not enough "About" for you?  Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Images by Freepik