Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Rules

Rules were meant to be broken of course, but it is good to have some ongoing guidelines to make sure I'm sticking to some sort of protocol.

According to Wikipedia, "Official" State Beverages are not always alcoholic.  In fact, around 20 of them state that their official state drink is milk.  Alabama is the only one that just goes for the gusto and goes with booze.  So with that, the number one rule is:








1. The State Drink Does Not Have to be Alcoholic 

Although I'm sure not ruling it out.  I think we are a cool enough state to graduate from just milk.

While going through my research I found this article about state related drinks to check out. Nevada had a "Desert Scrub" with repasado tequila, grapefruit juice, and Italian sparklingly white wine.  I really like how the name of the bar is called Sage, even if it is located in Las Vegas.  It's important to me, and I think ALL Nevadians, that the state drink be as "local" as possible.  That being said, the second rule is:

2. The State Drink Should Have at Least One Local Ingredient, or Have Local Origins.

When I was making these rules, I asked the Reno Foodies Facebook Group what qualifications they would put to the Official State Drink. James, a member of the group, stated that it should be "At least 80 proof AND is less than $13.99 a 1.75L."  He also said it should be PBR.  I strongly disagree, but he had a point about the price.

This was one thing that always got me in Vegas.  You can't get a cocktail for less than $12.00, and none of them are great.  Our drink should not only be tasty, but it should not cost you more than a meal of All-You-Can-Eat Sushi.  That means the third rule is:

3. The State Drink Must Be Affordable

I'm going to intentionally leave that vague, because sometimes the price is worth it if it is a great drink.  However, with my current pay grade it's not likely I'll try that Golden Opulence Sundae or The Five Star anytime soon.  If you'd like to buy me a drink, click on the donate button in the sidebar.

This is all I have so far!  I'll update this as I get more suggestions from everyone.  Feel free to leave a comment or email me at drinknevada@gmail.com if you have an idea!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Images by Freepik