Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Bee's Knees @1864Tavern

Yes, this is my third drink at 1864 I've reviewed.  It really is my favorite place to drink.  If KJ from Z Bar worked there I wouldn't drink anywhere else again.

Not that the bartenders aren't super awesome at 1864, they are.  While I was there with Stand Up Comedian/BFF Amanda Alvey, she told me that he was in a conversation with some other patrons saying "Caaampo or Campo? Is the food good? Then who cares??"

In fact, I actually did a stupid thing and went to the bathroom instead of writing down what was in my Bee's Knees.  Since the drink isn't listed on their online menu, I sent them a tweet asking, but it looks like they don't check it that often so I ended up sending them an email to ask. Awesomely they answered right away, and the post was saved!

Shawn emailed "The "Bee's Knees" is a classic cocktail that dates back to prohibition. It consists of Gin, Honey, and Fresh Lemon Juice.  (2oz, 3/4oz, 3/4oz ratio). Sometimes, at the customers/bartenders preference, we will sometimes substitute Elderflower water for the honey.  It gives it a slightly different sweetness, but still super good."

It was a little thin but sweet. I love that it had crushed ice, almost as much as I love their old school square cubes.  I just love a bar with different kinds of ice. It came with an elegant lemon peel garnish, so no eating for me again.

In the end it wasn't my cup of tea, but I'll always come back to 1864 Tavern.


1864 Tavern
290 California Ave, Reno, NV 89509
(775) 329-1864

Monday3:00 – 11:00 pm
Tuesday3:00 – 11:00 pm
Wednesday3:00 – 11:00 pm
Thursday3:00 – 11:00 pm
Friday3:00 pm – 2:00 am
Saturday3:00 pm – 2:00 am
Sunday3:00 – 11:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Images by Freepik