Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Home Made Toasted Almond

Sometimes you have to go simple and make a drink at home.  It's not as pretty as if you were to go out and have a professional bartender make it, but it tastes the same.

I love making and drinking Toasted Almonds because it's like an alcoholic chocolate milk.  It's just three ingredients: Disaronno, Kahlua, and Cream.  When I'm at home I usually substitute the cream for milk.  I always vary the booze to the cream depending on how buzzed I'd like to be.  I tend to make it on the boozier side by pouring out while counting to three on the Disaronno and Kahlua, then filling the rest of the glass with the milk.

I think this one could be a real contender for state drink.  It's easy to make and is very tasty.  The only thing that holds it up is that none of the ingredients are really from Reno...although I do use Model Dairy!  Does that count at all?  Yeah, I didn't think so.  The search continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Images by Freepik