Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Heirloom Martini @ZBarReno

I ordered a dirty martini from KJ the other day, and he told me I didn't want it.  He told me I wanted an Heirloom Martini instead.

Maybe he was right, or maybe he was just out of olives that day.  I went along with it because I know better than to argue with KJ.  I want to be able to come back to Z Bar anytime I want.

Although what I was looking for was more briney, the savory flavors were totally amazing.

It reminded me of the time I went to Molto Vegas, now called Bet the Farm.  We picked up these amazing tomatoes that tasted like nothing else I've ever had.  This was totally the drink equivalent of that.  The only thing that sucks is that one of the garnishes, the basil leaf, isn't quite the snack that I'd like it to be.  Cherry tomatoes are the bomb though.

I think that the moral of the story here is to always listen to your bartender.  Especially if he is KJ.  No joke.

P.S. Try not to be too mean with your April Fools today.  Only fun things!

Z Bar
1074 S Virginia St, Reno, NV 89502
(775) 348-1723
Monday4:00 pm – 12:00 am
Tuesday4:00 pm – 12:00 am
Wednesday4:00 pm – 12:00 am
Thursday4:00 pm – 12:00 am
Friday4:00 pm – 2:00 am
Saturday4:00 pm – 2:00 am
SundayClosed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Images by Freepik