Friday, February 27, 2015

Moscow Mule with @TahoeBlueVodka @RedRockBar

Belly up to the Red Rock Bar and chill out to Reese's tunes.  He was hitting the Beatles hard while we were there last weekend, and I was loving it.  I'm not sure where he finds his remixes, but they are pretty amazing.

If music isn't your thing, Reese is from New Zealand and has a fantastic accent, as well as does an awesomely killer impression of Rodney Dangerfield.

If you are just in this for the drinks, then Reese is also a kick-ass bartender.

When Neon Beast and I got to the bar, our friends were already deep into their Moscow Mules.  Their copper glasses were advertising local awesomeness Tahoe Blue Vodka, so I thought I'd go ahead and give it a go.   Since I'm not overly fond of beer, this was my first full Moscow Mule, although I had tried someone else's at another bar recently.

I think Reese set out to get us "up to speed" with our friends, and made that drink really strong.  I loved the strong flavor of the beer mixed with the lime juice, which is my favorite mixer in drinks.  The vodka did sort of get lost in the rest of the flavors for me, but I'll have to try it by itself sometime in the future.

The drink was delicious, but it set me back.  I was glad that I didn't drive, in fact I didn't even really want another drink.  Reese seemed really disappointed that I ordered just a water afterwards, but since they came to about $8 each, my money was spent for the night.  Unemployment will do that to you I guess.  Although $8 didn't really break the bank, it was a little on the pricer end for bar.

All in all it had an amazing kick to it, was very tasty.  The bar itself is a great space, with pool tables downstairs and a small bar upstairs.  It felt like a house party, and people drifted in and out for drinks.  If you are looking for a great drink and a good bar to hang around for awhile, I would strongly suggest Red Rock Bar.  I know I'll most likely be back soon.

Red Rock Bar
241 S Sierra St, Reno, NV 89501
(775) 324-2468
Monday4:00 pm – 2:00 am
Tuesday4:00 pm – 2:00 am
Wednesday4:00 pm – 2:00 am
Thursday4:00 pm – 2:00 am
Friday4:00 pm – 2:00 am
Saturday4:00 pm – 2:00 am
Sunday4:00 pm – 2:00 am
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Images by Freepik