Friday, February 20, 2015

The Grapes of Wrath @ZBarRenoNV

I dare anyone to try and knock KJ of Z Bar out of the running for my favorite bartender/bar owner.  He's everything you want; cool, good looking, friendly.  He remembers you after only a few times in, and it makes me only want to go there.  During the day I even say "Hi KJ!" as I'm driving past the totally empty bar.

He's never made anything for me that I didn't like.  Although last time I was in there he lost faith in me and my ability to take spicy drinks to another level.

I'm stupidly the kind of person who takes the spicy level as a challenge.  If someone says "You can't handle the 10"  Then I make it a 10 and eat/drink it and say it's not that bad, even if it is.

KJ makes his own little infused blend that he puts into the vodka for the drink I ordered, called the Grapes of Wrath.  He asked me how I handle spice, and my head said "challenge accepted!"  and I told him to bring it all.  He looked at me with total disbelief and said "Are you sure?" and basically looked at me like I was crazy the entire time he was making the drink.

The Grapes of Wrath is a pretty simple drink, it only includes his Habanero infused vodka, lime, and simple syrup.  It pours out pretty clear, as you can see from the picture above.  The lime zest on top of the grapes was pretty fun in itself, but the drink was pretty amazing.  I did wimp out and ask for a water with it, which he brought me with a tiny slice of cucumber.  He really knows how to make a drink and take care of a girl.

It's certainly not for the faint of heart, but wow was it amazing.  I'm not sure if I would order it again, but if I was looking for just one drink and I was out for the night, it would certainly be this one.  Besides, he has so many of his well crafted cocktails on the constantly changing menu, I have to keep up trying them all!  No time to pick a favorite drink now, there are far too many to try.

Later on a guy ordered a drink with the vodka, and KJ asked me if he thought I should half it for him.  I asked the guy how his spice level was, he said "intermediate."  I smiled at KJ and told him "You better half it for him."

Z Bar
1074 S Virginia St, Reno, NV 89502
(775) 348-1723

Monday4:00 pm – 12:00 am
Tuesday4:00 pm – 12:00 am
Wednesday4:00 pm – 12:00 am
Thursday4:00 pm – 12:00 am
Friday4:00 pm – 2:00 am
Saturday4:00 pm – 2:00 am
SundayClosed
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Images by Freepik