Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Stiegl at The Foxy Olive

As I've previously stated, I'm not a big beer drinker.  I tried, I really did.  It's just not for me at all.  I'm always down for sour, not so much for bitter.  Ume Shiso is as close as I get, and that's a more pickled taste than anything else.

That being said, I guess you can barely count my Salzburger Stiegl Radler as a "beer," as it is Grapefruit Soda with a small amount of beer.  However, that being said it's my new summer beverage.  It's just like a slightly boozy Grapefruit soda.  I had my second one with tequila, and that made it really awesome.  I pretty much agree on all counts with this guy.

I had said summer beverage Monday night while meeting some awesome new people (and one terrible one) at The Foxy Olive.

The first time I went to the Foxy Olive, it was a Friday night, and it's a really small bar.  I got really claustrophobic and decided to escape to the bathroom so as to not freak out.  I flipped the light switch in the bathroom and proceeded to freak out as I saw the half mannequin standing in the corner.  For a split second my brain just went straight to horror movie.  Needless to say, it wasn't a great time for me.  I didn't drink anything, and we left soon afterwards.

This time it was a Monday night, and much less busy.  Which is actually a little sad, since it is closing at the end of this month.  I would suggest going and giving this dive bar a great send off.  A great guy owns it, and my friend Ali will be tending bar on non-busy Monday nights.

Just don't let that bathroom mannequin scare you.  It's quite harmless once you get to know it.

The Foxy Olive
220 Mill St, Reno, NV 89501

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Images by Freepik