Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Thirst Responder at The Drink Doctor Truck/Thirst Aid Station

 About a month ago I was at Bartley Ranch for an adorable performance of Cinderella.  Much to my surprise, they had a few food trucks out there as well as "The Drink Doctor" a Beverage Truck.

As you can see from the photo, they didn't really work out of the truck the way you'd think, but it was cute that the truck was a converted ambulance.  I was a little upset that the drinks also came pre-made however.  Can it really be considered a Food/Drink Truck if the vehicle is merely a mode of transportation for the food/drinks?  Maybe I'm being a killjoy and reading too much into this.

I heard rumblings around the truck that the Thirst Responder was their best seller.  I figured that I liked Vodka, and flavored vodka was even better.  Although, the Blood Orange just made me laugh and think of that scene from Project Runway.  Their other specials were a Rum Runner, a Margarita, and a pomegranate martini.  They had some non-alcoholic items as well, and the typical beer and wine.  Here was their full menu:

At first glance, my drink looked like a watered down lemonade.  The sad truth was, it wasn't even watered down with vodka.  I barely tasted any booze at all, just lemon and water.  It tasted like the kind of thing you would make in college at the local coffee shop because you were short on cash.  You know, asking for water with lots of lemon and then using a couple of packets of the sweet and lo.

I'm very sorry to say that I don't think I would give this truck another shot.  They did seem very nice and had great customer service, but that was a lot to pay for something I could have gotten for free at Gold N Silver Inn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Images by Freepik