Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Penny's Buck @RenoProvisions

Happy Thanksgiving!

Even though you have to walk past it to get to the food, I always manage to forget that Provisions has a bar.  It wasn't until someone suggest it to get drinks that I remembered.  Maybe it's because no one is behind the bar in a steady sort of way like they are in the back with the food.  I did get greeted at the bar right away this time, but it took me a lot of effort to get someone there so I could pay my bill.

While the bartender was there he was perfectly nice, and said that the Penny's Buck was one of his favorites.  It was listed as having vodka, cranberry liquor (is that like cranberry cocktail juice?  Only RP knows for sure), citrus (which I think was literally just that lime on the glass), and simple syrup.

Although it was blended nicely, in the end it just tasted like a Cranberry Vodka that I would mix in a hotel room because I had nothing else to drink.  Or something I would order in a dive bar "with a lime" because it is a drink that is hard to mess up.  They didn't mess it up here at Provisions either, it just wasn't special enough to carry a special name and a $9 price tag during happy hour.  I mean, it is the season for cranberries, but I think I'd prefer them in a dipping sauce rather than my drink.

My friend had a Negroni that I tasted and it was amazing, so I think I just picked the wrong drink there.  I won't make the same mistake next time, and I'll enjoy some of their food too.

Reno Provisions
100 N. Sierra St. Reno, NV 89501
(775) 336-1091
Mon - Sun: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Images by Freepik