Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Cookie Monster Shake at The Original Mel's Diner inside The Sands

I don't have a very good history with Mel's Diner inside the Sands.  In college I got food poisoning twice, and to this day still can't eat mozzarella sticks.  I'm still wary of it, and most of the time I end up just getting a milkshake.

They recently made up some new milkshakes and I was eager to try out the "Cookie Monster," an oreo and cookie dough combo.  For the $6 price point I was hoping it was going to be good.

It tasted like a normal run of the mill oreo milkshake out of the gate.  It seemed near the end (as you can sort of tell from the photo) they had chunks of chocolate chips and cookie dough at the bottom.  Since you drink it out of a straw, and the lumps are too big for the straw, I have to think this wasn't really a great idea.  I'm also kind of sad to report that the chocolate chips were the waxy kind, and not really suitable for a quality shake.  They almost tasted like small nuts to me.

Overall I was pretty underwhelmed and won't be trying it again.  I'd be more apt to buy some oreos and put them in some cookie dough ice cream for a better outcome.  Mels does have another new one that is an orangesicle type of flavor, so I will be checking that out soon.


The Original Mels
345 North Arlington Ave Reno, NV 89501
775-337-6357
Open 24 Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Images by Freepik