Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Oprah Cinnamon Chai Latte @Starbucks

According to the Starbucks site, the Oprah Cinnamon Chai latte is "created in partnership with Oprah Winfrey and Teavana teaologists, this distinctive chai blend features a bold infusion of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and cloves, blended with loose-leaf black tea and rooibos. Lightly sweetened and finished with milk and served over ice."
I'm going to be real about this...I do not like what Oprah represents.  I'm sure that she's a nice lady, but I hate how much hype she gets.  She reads a book, everyone has to go out and read that book.  She can do no wrong, and I hate that people will blindly follow anyone like that.  She's human, but no one treats her like she's human.  She's the golden calf idol.

That being said, she does seem to do some great things.  For example, buying this drink means that a portion of it is donated to "educational opportunities to the youth."  I'm not sure exactly what that entails, but it sure sounds like something positive, right?

I suppose that being said, they wouldn't really offer anything extra for charity.  When it comes to the quality, this tastes exactly like their regular chai latte.  The only difference was when I looked down with embarrassment when the guy announced he had an "Oprah" Latte instead of just a normal chai latte for pick up.

In the end it did what it was supposed to do, which is keep my caffeine headache at bay and taste pretty good.  I'm so sorry Oprah, but you aren't really on my list of official drinks of Nevada.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Images by Freepik