Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Happy Hour Cosmopolitan @BJsRestaurants

I really dig happy hours that are more than one hour, at more than one time.  Usually I'm not in for that kind of rule breaking, but when it is more of a good thing how can you not allow it?

So when I was just getting into my PJ's and the BFF texted that she needed a drink, I got into my fancy sports bra and headed over to BJ's for their Happy Hour.  We split some SpinArt dip and some Avocado eggrolls, and I stepped out of my comfort zone for a Cosmopolitan.  
I could go off on a HUGE rant about Sex and the City right now.  How it was an important show for human sexuality, but the characters were stereotypical and the most terrible humans you could find.  I could also go off for hours about how Carrie was a writer but she NEVER carried around a pen.  I've got at least 4 pens in my purse at all times.  Terrible, terrible characters.  However, this is not about Sex and the City, but rather the drink they made famous.

Let me tell you right now, the drink is just as terrible as the show.  Maybe it was because they were an hour from closing, maybe it's just because a Cosmo is a horrible drink.  Either way, the mix of vodka, cranberry juice (which I couldn't taste at all), and triple sec, it just tasted like a watered down vodka.  I took that lime and squeezed the living live out of it.  Then it tasted like vodka lime juice.  Blech.
I'm not going to blame this drink on anyone but Darren Starr though.  BJ's is an amazing restaurant with fantastic food that I'll for sure be going back to.  Next time maybe a lemon drop.

425 Sparks Blvd, Sparks, NV 89434
11am-12am Monday-Thursday
11am-1am Friday
10am-1am Saturday
10am-12am Sunday  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Images by Freepik