Wednesday, July 29, 2015

A Mule Named Honey @ChapelTavern

I've wanted to go to Chapel for a really long time now.  Maybe too long, because I built it up a little too much in my head.  I was happy that they had a menu of craft cocktails that seemed varied, but pricey at $10 a drink.  My throat was feeling a little icky, so I decided some honey might do it some good.  Your (should be) pick for the Best of Reno's stand up comedian Amanda Alvey and I have been on a mule-kick as of late.  No pun intended (Mule, kick...get it?  No?  Well okay then.)
She and I usually get something different so we can get a taste of two different kinds of drinks, but that night we both got the Mule Named Honey. 

In the end, it didn't have enough honey to make my throat feel better, but it did taste a little like cold medication, so there's that.  I actually tried someone elses drink and it tasted the same, just a different flavor of cold medication.  Later someone said that it's always sort of been that way there, which is why it took so long for everyone to go out to it again.

Despite that, the space is nice, and it has a pool table you can see in the picture, which I'm always down to play.  If a place has pool or bocce ball I'm down to stay for awhile.  Horseshoes, not so much.  I digress, the staff seemed friendly and the patio was cute, although the whole place felt a little small.  Unless I start making way more money, I don't think I'll be back to Chapel anytime soon, although I still had a good time.


1099 S Virginia St, Reno, NV 89502
Monday2:00 pm – 4:00 am
Tuesday2:00 pm – 4:00 am
Wednesday2:00 pm – 4:00 am
Thursday2:00 pm – 4:00 am
Friday2:00 pm – 4:00 am
Saturday10:00 am – 4:00 am
Sunday10:00 am – 4:00 am
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Images by Freepik