Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Kings Beach at Singer Social Club


Singer Social Club is in a rather sketchy part of town.  In fact a month or so ago they had some high drama when a piece of their art was stolen, returned to the front door in the middle of the day, and stolen again.  There was a lot of excitement in those few days on Facebook, but it has settled back into the "come as you are" kind of bar I assume it always was.
I'd been wanting to try them out for awhile, but all my friends had resisted.  I'm so sorry they did because the vibe coming from the place and the bartender was really awesome.  There is a sign on the bathroom that basically says anyone of any gender can use either one.  The only reason to worry about it is if they are doing something other than using the facilities.

I decided to have a Kings Beach because I've been fond of grapefruit flavored drinks lately, especially the Steigl.  I'm sorry to say however, that this tasted like a liquefied jolly rancher with zero alcohol in it.  It was super pretty, and the bartender was really nice.  I tried a couple of other drinks and they were delightful, so I really think this just didn't end up being the drink for me.  

I'll be back for the laid back vibe and other drinks to try out!  I hope they keep doing their thing and don't get anymore art stolen.

219 West 2nd Street, Reno, NV 89501
(775) 657-9466
MondayClosed
Tuesday5:00 pm – 12:00 am
Wednesday5:00 pm – 1:00 am
Thursday5:00 pm – 2:00 am
Friday5:00 pm – 3:00 am
Saturday5:00 pm – 3:00 am
SundayClosed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Images by Freepik