Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Crispin Apple Cider at Reno Public House @RnoPublicHouse

I'm stage managing for Good Luck Macbeth again, this time for something a bit funnier in nature.  Clown Bar: A Clown Noir is going to be something you don't want to miss this October.  Buy your tickets in advance, unless you are afraid of clowns.  Then go ahead and buy tickets for other people that aren't afraid of clowns.

One night after rehearsal, Luke (the actor playing Timmy) and I grabbed a drink at Public House, around the corner from the theatre.  He was a perfect gentleman and bought my drink for me.  Because I'm not a lady, I didn't ask for a glass and just had it straight out of the can.

It was a Wednesday night during Burning Man, so the place was pretty much empty.  It was a beautiful night so we had our drinks out on the patio.  The patio is well lit and welcome to dogs, and we saw a couple while we were there.  The inside of the bar has low ceilings that can make any small noise louder, which might be why the patio is usually the popular area.  But the bartenders were very nice, and if you are into beer they have a TON to choose from.

My Crispin Hard Dry Cider was indeed pretty dry, but also moderately tasty.  Because it is imported from England, I'm thinking it might not be the best for the official state drink.  But Public House is an awesome space, and the conversation was great.  The patio is set up in such a way that you could join up with any conversation happening at the time and be welcomed, which is awesome.  I will definitely visit Public House again and try something different.

Reno Public House
33 St Lawrence Ave, Reno, NV 89501 
Open 24 Hours


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Images by Freepik