Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Hot Toddy at Red Rock Bar

Although Bourbon is usually used, Red Rock gave me a Whiskey Hot Toddy a few months ago.  The snow was just over Mt. Rose and headed our way, and that bite was in the air.  We were at the bar and I just couldn't bring myself to have a cold drink and go back out there.

I'd never had a hot toddy before, but my friend insisted that I'd like it, and that it was made with local honey, which would be in one of my rules for the official state drink!  I was excited for my prospects before I took my first sip.

I'm not gonna lie, this is not my kind of drink.  It just tasted like hot Whiskey.  I didn't taste the lemon I clearly saw in there, I didn't taste any honey, and I had to constantly sir it so I didn't get a mouthful of....spice?  Nutmeg?  Something floating in it.

As I continued to muscle my way through it, I found the hot was really warming me up, and the whiskey was rather nice.  By the time I finished, it made me warm and drunk enough that I liked it.  Once I sobered up though, I knew it was a drink I'd never order again, unless I moved to Alaska.

Red Rock Bar
241 S Sierra St, Reno, NV 89501
(775) 324-2468

Monday4:00 pm – 2:00 am
Tuesday4:00 pm – 2:00 am
Wednesday4:00 pm – 2:00 am
Thursday4:00 pm – 2:00 am
Friday4:00 pm – 2:00 am
Saturday4:00 pm – 2:00 am
Sunday4:00 pm – 2:00 am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Images by Freepik