Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Pumpkin Parable Featuring @dogfishbeer from @EatAtMidtown

  I got an awesome shout out on Instagram from Midtown Eats to try out this drink.  I'm a basic bitch for anything pumpkin and bourbon, so I was on my way and met a friend there for lunch and drinks.  We both ordered one and shared some appetizers.  Side note, the fried cauliflower is a dream.

We both decided to try out this drink, and we were not disappointed at all.  It was the perfect blend of all ingredients so that it was just delightful.  It had nutmeg on the top, which I get from last week is supposed to be festive, but ya'll...mix it in with the drink!!!  When I have to spit out pieces of nutmeg or skim it off to enjoy my drink, it ends up making the drink not worth drinking.  Luckily I had a knife I wasn't using and a little mixing and this was some perfection. 

Although I felt the "kick" a little, it never tasted too strong.  It was a perfect balance that wasn't overpowering in pumpkin.  I would drink it all year long, but sadly Dogfish Head only has Pumpkin flavored ale this time of year.  I'm just going to be thankful that it exists at all, and enjoy it all month long.  Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Images by Freepik